I’ve made lots of progress on my worm simulation project. I’ve created a simple program that resembles a petri-dish with micro-organisms, improved my cascade classifier, and glazed the ceramic shells.
I’ve nearly finished the ceramic shells for the robots. They didn’t quite come together as I had imagined, but I think they still look good. Continue reading “Ceramics + Object Detection”
I’ve started setting up OpenCV on a Raspberry Pi (RPI) for my degree show work! It’s not simple, but is the premiere open source computer vision package out there. I want it to be on a RPI because the smaller the computer, the better. Because it’s quite complex and information is disparate I thought I would write up my experience. It’s not a tutorial as such, but will hopefully help people know what is involved.
The Tate Exchange is finally over!
Rosie and I manage to solve all of our communication issues and the project worked perfectly in the end! You can find out more here:
Here are some videos of it in action:
Cred Roy and I also showed of the next evolution of our face detecting eye. We thought it was much improved in a more domestic setting, and with a textual response to people:
I’m working on a new collaborative work with Cred Roy. This is an installation that looks back at people! A video will be shown which changes the longer you look at it for. If I get time I also want to include motors which spin fast the longer you look (not to control anything, just for the whirring noise they make). Below you can see an initial test. It’s a bit hard to see because of the screen contrast but the video gets more red the longer the camera recognises my face, and when I remove my face from its view it goes back to normal.
The Digital Maker Collective Tate Exchange event is beginning this Wednesday!
Here are some updates of my project
I haven’t posted in a while because I’ve been working on things that aren’t that exciting to show off. Firstly, there was the dissertation, but the less said about that the better.