I’ve made lots of progress on my worm simulation project. I’ve created a simple program that resembles a petri-dish with micro-organisms, improved my cascade classifier, and glazed the ceramic shells.
I’ve nearly finished the ceramic shells for the robots. They didn’t quite come together as I had imagined, but I think they still look good. Continue reading “Ceramics + Object Detection”
I’ve started setting up OpenCV on a Raspberry Pi (RPI) for my degree show work! It’s not simple, but is the premiere open source computer vision package out there. I want it to be on a RPI because the smaller the computer, the better. Because it’s quite complex and information is disparate I thought I would write up my experience. It’s not a tutorial as such, but will hopefully help people know what is involved.
I soldered the pump up to the 12V power supply, hooked up the PVC piping and tried it out! Click below to see the video.
Cecile B. Evans is an artist who works a lot with artificial intelligence and representations of life. Continue reading “Cecile B. Evans”
I’ve started planning my work for the degree show in June. This will be a culmination of everything I have learnt so far on the course, so I am not going to do anything too different to my previous work. However, I do have an idea to make the interaction element more interesting! Click below to read more.
The Tate Exchange is finally over!
Rosie and I manage to solve all of our communication issues and the project worked perfectly in the end! You can find out more here:
Here are some videos of it in action:
Cred Roy and I also showed of the next evolution of our face detecting eye. We thought it was much improved in a more domestic setting, and with a textual response to people: